Sunday, November 14, 2010

Got Blog?




Here in Pittston Maine, miles away from any street lights, I get the pleasure to see the Milky Way arching across the night sky in all its starlit splendor.  Astronomers tell us that our celestial home is a galaxy comprised of billions of stars.  The Universe is made up of billions of trillions of Galaxies.  A number incomprehensible to the human brain.  But to put it in terms we can understand:  It's the same number as there are blogs on the internet.  If you click on the "next blog" link at the top of this page (of course, after you're done reading this one) you'll be led on a journey of a thousand, er-- billion steps...


Being rather new to this whole blog business, I had no idea there were so many varied and entertaining blogs out there, encompassing a wide array of subjects.  Of course, I enjoy the small handful of Artist blogs out there, but I've really widened my horizon by reading others.  Here's a few I follow:

  • Flossing With Fannie!  This one tells you everything you ever wanted to know about dental floss.  I, for one, never knew there where so many techniques to flossing;  The thumb and forefinger wrap, the inter-locking wrist flip, really, the list is endless.  Fannie is at her best when she gives helpful household hints on making your own floss.  I never knew those old thongs could come in so handy...

  • Do It Again!  By Dr. Paymoore, Phd.  This blog is for those with obsessive compulsive tendencies.  It's up-dated every fifteen minutes.

  • We 12 Fudcups!   Written by a lovely family, this "Travel-blog" details their whacky adventures as they attempt to cross the South Pacific in a 14 foot row-boat.  This one hasn't been updated in a long time, though.  But their last entry about the coming typhoon was gripping.  I hope to hear more!

  • Let Me Tell You!  This is a political blog, and very informative.  I had no idea that the Government is using Space Aliens to keep Abraham Lincoln's brain alive in a bunker under Washington D.C.  But it must be true-- it's on the internet!

  • Manly Painting!  Not to be confused with Maine-ly Painting.

  • Intrepretive Knitting With Leigh!  A young girls journey into the fascinating world of knitting-- without a clue on how to do it!  So far, the colorful clumps of yarn balls she's made are quite lovely.

  • Lastly, I had high hopes for this one: Golf For The Intelligent Golfer!  But there was nothing written...

So, for those of you who follow my blog, thank you!  Rush out and tell your friends to follow along.  I'm looking for world domination by New Year's.  After all, the sky's the limit!

6 comments:

Susan Roux said...

I never clicked the next blog button. Too funny! How much time did you waste doing that???

Karla said...

LOL! Thanks for brightening my day!

Kevin Mizner said...

Susan, I take the same amount of time to research and write all of my blogs!

Kevin Mizner said...

Karla, You are quite welcome!

Rosemary said...

I'm still smiling - thanks for the heads up re Lincoln's brain! I had no idea!

Kevin Mizner said...

Hi Rosmary-- Yeah, who knew?